Major heatwaves are currently gripping much of North America. After a slow start to summer, the heat is certainly here, with temperature records being shattered in many major cities across the U.S.
Top weather agencies are predicting heatwaves to continue throughout August, warning they are likely to be more intense and more frequent. A quick scan of news headlines this morning (July 25) shows how widespread and extreme current temperatures are:
- ABC News: US heat wave stretches into Midwest, heading for Northeast
- NY Post: NYC preparing for year's first official heat wave, with temps over 100 degrees
- CBS News: Phoenix set to break monthly temperature record as historic heat wave persists
- USA Today: Tuesday's forecast shows no sign of heat reduction across much of US
Earlier this month (July 16), Death Valley in California hit 130F (54C), alarmingly not far off the hottest-ever temperature recorded on the planet at 134F (56.7C).
There is no doubting we're in for a long summer. Here's how Flair can help keep you comfortable during the extreme heat.
- Zone-based Cooling: Prioritize cooling for frequently used rooms, allowing for more efficient airflow where you need it most.
- Temperature Monitoring: Flair will monitor the temperature in each room with a Puck and will automatically open and close Smart Vents to ensure rooms stay cool. You can rely on Flair's automation to keep a close eye on rooms that tend to get hotter, like those with direct sunlight or poor insulation.
- Room-by-Room Scheduling: Take advantage of Flair's 7-Day scheduling functionality to create a cooling schedule that aligns with your daily routine. Maximize comfort during the hottest parts of the day and conserve energy when you're not home.
- Remote Control: Use Flair's app to adjust the temperature from anywhere. If you're away from home and want to pre-cool before returning, you can easily access and manage your HVAC system through the app. This is especially useful for mini splits and heat pumps where you typically have to be in the room, using an old school remote. Instead, with a Flair Puck, control from anywhere.
- Energy Saving: Flair can help homeowners reduce cooling costs during a heatwave. By targeting cooling to occupied rooms, Flair focuses cooling where you need it most, avoiding wasted energy usage while keeping you comfortable.